Book Title: Defiant Children, Third Edition: A Clinician's Manual for Assessment and Parent Training
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Author: Russell A. Barkley
- Defiant Teens, Second Edition: A Clinician's Manual for Assessment and Family Intervention
- Your Defiant Child, Second Edition: Eight Steps to Better Behavior
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Anxious Children: Therapist Manual, Third Edition
- Parent Management Training: Treatment for Oppositional, Aggressive, and Antisocial Behavior in Children and Adolescents
- Coping Cat Workbook, Second Edition (Child Therapy Workbooks Series)
- Clinical Practice of Cognitive Therapy with Children and Adolescents, Second Edition: The Nuts and Bolts
- Taking Charge of ADHD, Third Edition: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents
- Your Defiant Teen, Second Edition: 10 Steps to Resolve Conflict and Rebuild Your Relationship
- The Coping Cat Parent Companion
- Evidence-Based Psychotherapies for Children and Adolescents, Second Edition
A perennial bestseller from a leading authority, this book provides an effective 10-step program for training parents in child behavior management skills (ages 2 to 12). Professionals get proven tools to help parents understand the causes of noncompliant, defiant, oppositional, or socially hostile behavior at home or in school; take systematic steps to reduce it; and reinforce positive change. Comprehensive assessment guidelines are included. In a large-size format for easy photocopying, the volume features numerous reproducible parent handouts and two rating scales (the Home Situations Questionnaire and the School Situations Questionnaire). Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition
*Reflects 15 years of research advances and the author's ongoing clinical experience.
*Fully updated model of the nature and causes of oppositional defiant disorder (ODD).
*Revised assessment tools and recommendations.
*The latest data on the program's effectiveness.
*Spanish-language versions of the parent forms are available online for downloading and printing (www.guilford.com/p/barkley4).
See also the related title for parents: Your Defiant Child, Second Edition: Eight Steps to Better Behavior. For a teen focus, see also Defiant Teens, Second Edition (for professionals), and Your Defiant Teen, Second Edition (for parents), by Russell A. Barkley and Arthur L. Robin.